SSC CGL Syllabus
As per the SSC CGL exam pattern, the CGL Tier 1 exam is an online, multiple-choice based exam. The exam consists of 4 sections having 100 questions in total. The total marks assigned for Tier I exam is 200. The duration for the Tier I exam is 60 minutes (80 minutes for differently-abled candidates).
The SSC CGL Syllabus – Tier I comprises four sections:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude &
- SSC CGL English Syllabus covers English Comprehension skills.
As per the SSC CGL exam pattern, Tier II will have 4 papers-
- Quantitative Aptitude– This will have 200 marks in total. The time allotted for this paper is 2 hours.
- English Language & Comprehension- Total marks is 200 for this paper and the duration to complete the paper is 2 hours.
- Statistics– Again candidates have to complete the paper in 2 hours carrying 200 marks in total.
- General Studies- Finance & Economics– This paper will have 200 marks and 2 hours duration.
As per the SSC CGL Exam Pattern, the Tier 3 Exam is a subjective paper that will be taken offline via pen and paper mode.
As per the SSC CGL Tier III syllabus, the exam is to evaluate the candidates’ language proficiency, grammar knowledge, vocabulary usage, and writing skills in English/Hindi. Candidates are expected to write essays, précis, applications, letters, etc. The duration of the Tier III exam is 60 minutes.
The SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam comprises skill tests that are required for certain government posts. Candidates who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the examination (Tier I, II, III) can appear in the Skill Test.